Our Family Survival Camp is a place to experience nature and learn things about how to live in nature for the whole family. Getting dirty and working with our hands is obligatory.
We are next to a lake, so there is enough time to dip in during hot days!
When: Saturday, 3.10. 12.00h – Sunday 4.10.2020, 15.00h
Where: Torrão, Alcacér do Sal
What you need:
- sleeping bag, sleeping mat
- your own dishes (plate, cutlery, cup, waterbottle)
- shoes and clothes for the outdoors
- clothes for cold and wet conditions (only in winter)
- sun protection (hat, suncream)
- knife with fixed blade (you can buy one at the course (€10.-)
- fishing gear (not obligatory) but we are next to a lake
- torch, lamp
- natural soap to shower, towel
What to expect:
We will be outside the whole time. We will learn skills to live in nature and experience nature really close. What we will learn depends on the weather and the group. The language spoken is english.
We will cook in our outdoor-kitchen (food is included during the camp).
We have two compost-toilets and two showers (one with cold and the other also with warm water).
Electricity is in the outdoorkitchen (to charge cellphones, etc.).
We have a filtering system for drinking water, but bring a full bottle to start with.
Some of our activities: +building a shelter + collecting and filtering of water + different methods to start a fire + building traps (in our course no animals will be harmed, but we practice to set up small traps) + fishing + making cordage + awareness games + bow shooting + clay potery
Food: We provide breakfast, lunch and dinner (vegetarian). Fruits will be provided throughout the whole day.
Costs: € 20.- per children (5-8 years)
€ 25.- per person
(payment at the camp)